nafex - [NAFEX] Is anyone steering the ship?

  • From: "NAFEX List" <nafexlist@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Is anyone steering the ship?
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 22:41:05 -0700

The list is unmoderated, and the administration, in case you hadn't noticed, is fairly laisser faire. While there is the ability to ban people from the list, I think there is more being made of this whole thing than is warranted. I, too, have been wondering if I have been missing something.

I am sorry if anyone's feelings were hurt, but basically some gossip that was intended as a private message got posted to the whole group. I have to admit I skimmed over most of these messages, but I think there was even an apology about posting what was intended to be a private message to the list.

This is not the first time I have seen this happen on email lists, although it has always been on other lists. I guess I subscribe to different lists, because I haven't seen anyone banned over it.

How about getting back to discussion of fruits and nuts?

GREG MILLER
(mostly lurking) administrator

On other lists I am on the moderators have banned listers for less
than this.