nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grape suckers?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grape suckers?
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 05:32:22 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Grape suckers?
The main thing seems to be to use varieties that have smooth leaves that are free of any sort of hair or fuzz.  Leaves from the parts of the vine in the deepest shade are usually the most tender.   Haven't found any info on using muscadine leaves since I don't have any growing here, though most of the ones I've seen are a bit on the small size for easiest use.

I look forward to the next book. I was going to ask
this as part of the "Grape leaf harvest" thead, but
you may know.  What are the best varieties of grapes
for leaf harvest. Are muscidine leaves ever used?

Robert zone 7b