nafex - [NAFEX] culls (finus)

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] culls (finus)
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:43:37 -0700 (PDT)

It was written:

No, selecting is the process as you describe. Culling involves removal
of individuals, geographically or in terms of deady force. In the
vernacular it nost often referes to the later.

In reference to my commentary of:

Culling is essentially a process of selecting, it does not imply
immediately exterminating the life that already exists.

My reply:

>From Merriam Webster:

Cull:

1 : to select from a group

The rest of your attempts at establishing arguments may be as easily
dispensed with.

It was also written (by a different individual):

Who gets to choose what traits are good or bad?

My reply:

The problem with projecting selection (as an orchardist might
practice it) upon the human population is that there is so much room for
personal prejudice to interfere. That is, it might blind the individual
eugenicist to his own genetic unworthiness to be represented in the master
race, while finding fault with others on the basis of bigotry, politics, and
such. Or did I miss something?

My reply:

Yes, I believe you missed the point. Kindly read the post again, what I
professed was a desire for a society that allowed individuals to make
informed decisions regarding their own personal reproductive activities
without a social stigma being attached to said remedy.

Once again I can openly suggest that some of you allow your visceral emotions
to color your perceptions of what is being stated.

Regards,

TFB

P.S. this is really getting off list charter; if some of you wish to engage
me in discourse may I suggest we take it to a private venue?

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No
Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag