nafex - Re: [NAFEX] signs and symptoms of Lyme disease

  • From: DocKW@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] signs and symptoms of Lyme disease
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:07:29 EDT

Tick born diseases range from Lyme to Babesiosis to cat scratch fever,
and Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and Ehrlichiosis. The last two are types
of
virus treatable with Doxycycline....and they both have a mortality rate for
the
non-believers out the. Any type of tick can transmit several of these at a
time.
There are no minor players here...all can ruin your life and cost big bucks
to treat if not caught early.
Here in SW Connecticut we find ticks all winter after a walk in the woods
and now
it is really bad here.
Time to rid our yards of critters...esp. deer..which are the main vectors of
the ticks, along with mice.
DocKW (I've had Lyme 2x and ehrlichia once....bad news.)
In the metro area we are in the rate of infection on ticks is about 50%....so
if you've been bitten more than a couple times you should be expecting
something bad to happen...good luck finding a doc that will treat you...:(