nafex - [NAFEX] Re: removing stumps/acetic acid

  • From: Judith Miller <paradisegds@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: removing stumps/acetic acid
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

I'm betting a load of manure would not only be cheaper than glacial acetic acid but also easier to get--glacial is pretty unstable stuff.  We used it at University to dilute for dyeing fibers and had to haul it in waterfilled containers to guard against jolts.  I've never heard of a load of manure exploding when going over a pothole!

Judith Miller
Paradise Gardens Rare Plant Nursery
Bonners Ferry Idaho USA Zone 4 Mintemp -25F (-31C)
http://www.rareplantnursery.net