nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apples and morels

  • From: Mike Levine <mlevine@umich.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apples and morels
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:32:48 -0400

Looks like a good morel season here for the first time in a few years (it's
been raining almost every day lately!). Found a bunch of half-frees this
week and a few large gold/white ones in my partners garden where I dumped
the morel wash water on an old apple stump a couple years ago. It was
really amazing, since I poured the water on that stump a couple years ago,
they have been consistantly bearing large high quality morels. I wish it
had worked on my old apple stump, but alas, I'll just have to go to her
house for dinner instead.
Anyone had luck with the commercial morel kits? I haven't. These mushrooms
seem to only grow where they want to and not where I want them.

Mike Levine
Ann Arbor, MI zone 5b