nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apples and morels

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apples and morels
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:59:57 -0500

At 03:36 AM 5/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:
I was searching the net for morel mushroom info and ran into this interesting note on old apple orchards and morels
http://www.bluewillowpages.com/mushroomexpert/morels/orchard.html Del,
haven't seen morels yet but the asparagas is up!

Morel season has already passed for me - I managed to steal a few hours 2-3 weeks back and get out in my woods to scrounge a few. Ended up with a couple of gallons of morels - mostly small yellow/grays, but a few big black ones. We had a couple of good meals on them, and I've got a few frozen back for later consumption.
I put bases and the small amounts of associated humus that I collected with them under the leaf mulch around some of the oaks in my lawn.

Lucky