nafex - [NAFEX] Re: nafex Key Lime

  • From: Console G4 <tfnews@gate.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Key Lime
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 23:11:08 -0400

Hi,

Key limes are relatively quick to fruit (about 3 years, some less) and mostly true to type from seed. It is reported here in Florida that the thornless variety is not as fruitful as the thorny one, I can't verify this.

I would offer to send you bud wood but with citrus canker in the State I have stopped sending any citrus anywhere.

Another good sour citrus is the pink variegated lemon. You might give one of these a try if you have room.

A note on grafting high: Remember to protect to the graft and above it your plants are frost sensitive. The higher the graft the more wood must survive any freeze event. I would like to read more about the thought that this increases cold hardiness, sounds very interesting.

Best of growing,

Bob
SW Florida