nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Rootstock Sources

  • From: "Sgroppino Farms" <sgroppino@sgroppino.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Rootstock Sources
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 20:17:30 -0400

I had to do a bit of digging around this Spring to find a few less common rootstocks that I wanted to try.  The folks at TRECO were already out of stock of most of them but wholeheartedly recommended a neighboring nursery called Meadow Lake (www.meadow-lake.com) who not only had everything I wanted but sold me bundles of 50.  I was very happy with the quality of what I received, too.  You'll find their list of rootstocks (apple, pear, plum, apricot, cherry, peach and few others) here:

        http://www.meadow-lake.com/shop/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=6

Hope this helps. . .

John

* * * * *

John A Gasbarre
Three Hills Farm
Union, Maine  USA
organic@threehillsfarm.com
44° 15' 45" N / 69° 19' 45" W

> In their [willamettenurseries]listed pricing they don't show
> anything less than 100 rootstocks (and one of the other listed
> to me privately - TRECO - says it is wholesale only).  Do
> these sources sell quantities of rootstocks in quantities of
> 10 of a kind(and preferably less?)  If you have to order in quantities of 100, then to me that's commercial.
>
> The third nursery suggested to me Willow Lake does not appear to be mail order (I realize I did not indicate that as one
> of my original criteria).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Mauchline

  • [NAFEX] Re: Rootstock Sources, Sgroppino Farms, 05/08/2003