nafex - [NAFEX] Mayhaw growing website

  • From: "philip sauber" <mrtejas@lycos.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Mayhaw growing website
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 13:24:57 -0500

I just finished building a website for a friend Bobby Talbert of Vidor, TX
who is a mayhaw grower. He responded by giving me 4 gallons of juice to make
jelly, some budwood for G5 Texas Star mayhaw and a sack of reject berries to
grow for rootstock. I grafted the limbs on my Super Spur tree as that
variety blooms too early for the Texas Gulf coast and seldom produces any
berries here. I now have Bobby's G-2 and G-5 on my two small trees. The
content for the webiste is from a presentation he did last Friday to the
Louisiana Mayhaw Growers Conference. He is a technical advisors to the
Louisiana Mayhaw Growers Association. He has discovered several improved
selections of mayhaw that don't shatter and bloom later to avoid frosts. Any
mayhaw growers out there?

http://members.fortunecity.com/talbertfarms/