nafex - [NAFEX] Question on Grafting

  • From: George R <georger@rogers.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Question on Grafting
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:22:05 -0500

I grafted few of my fruit trees and waiting to see whether they were taken. I
have the rest of the dormant budsticks in the refrigerator. I want to use
them if any of those grafts are not taken. What is the best way to do it
after the dormant period? As I understand I can't do T-budding, it
needs current year's growth. I think Chip budding is possible. I read
somewhere I can do T-budding in June for Peach.

How long I can keep these budsticks?
When is the right time to do?
Which is the right method for grafting with dormant sticks at that time?

I did on apple, pears, peach, apricot and plums (Japanese and european)

Thanks
George