nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Oyster Mushrooms

  • From: Mike Levine <mlevine@umich.edu>
  • To: Al Pernichele <pernichele@msn.com>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Oyster Mushrooms
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:25:28 -0400

Ever tried it on a living tree? If not, I'll let you know what happens.
I was amazed to get oysters after just one year since my shiitakes took 3
until I got a crop (though these were on oak, not willow). Anyone
cultivated hen of the woods? That's one I'd love to grow. It's my favorite
to eat.
I've also tried blewits, reishi, and king stropharia to no avail. My indoor
hericium kit worked though and they tasted great.

Mike Levine
Ann Arbor, MI