nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Oyster mushrooms

  • From: Mike Levine <mlevine@umich.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Oyster mushrooms
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:20:57 -0400

Mark,
I inoculated some corkscrew willow logs with plugs last spring and then
pretty much forgot about them. I've heard you can also inoculate some
sterilized straw, but haven't tried it yet. I still have some leftover
plugs from last year in my fridge so I might go that route this spring.
When shipped the instructions said to inoculate with a couple months, but I
think the spawn looks alive and well after a year so I will probably just
use it. I think I'll also inoculate what is left of the living corkscrews
this year as I'm not too attached to them.

Mike Levine
Ann Arbor, MI zone 5b