nafex - [NAFEX] cold temps on new grafts

  • From: Kevin Bradley <kbradley@ttlc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] cold temps on new grafts
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 18:50:20 -0500

I grafted a batch of apples, stored them at about 40 to 45 degrees for about two weeks, planted them out and then we got temps down to the upper teens on two occassions and the mid twenties on three or four. Any experiences to say whether or not my grafts will be ok? I should have heeled soil up around the graft unions to protect them from the cold but our weather man was way off in his predictions of lows in the upper twenties, still, I should have known better.
Kevin B

  • [NAFEX] cold temps on new grafts, Kevin Bradley, 04/09/2003