nafex - Re: [NAFEX] 'White Champion' Peach

  • From: DocKW@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] 'White Champion' Peach
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:49:16 EDT

In zone 5 Southwest Connecticut the White Champion peach has a severe split
pit problem which the ear wigs love to inhabit...open thru the stem end.
Georgia Belle is better.....flavor is as good and the peaches are mostly
whole.
Best peach I ever ate was the Hal Berta Giant....once again available from
Stark Bros. And I 've just ordered two of them for home orchard. Of course
it is not a white peach which is unique of itself.
Karl Olson