nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bearberry (Cascara sagrada)

  • From: "philip sauber" <mrtejas@lycos.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bearberry (Cascara sagrada)
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 22:31:30 -0500

What is ring budding?
Phil
--

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:45:32 -0800 (PST)
From: kathryn stout <kathrynwrites@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] dormant vs summer pruning
To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>

Tanis--
Well, no actually, no late frost--but the winter was
relatively mild--not much snow--until March. Which was
a continual blizzard. I figure that's got to be worst
possible timing for a tree--it might have not gone
deeply into dormancy, or been beginning to come out of
dormancy, when the March "winter" hit.
So, I eventually replanted a new tree.
Thanks for asking
Kathryn