nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: A Good Plan For Peace..the more you think about it the more ...

  • From: "road's end farm" <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: A Good Plan For Peace..the more you think about it the more ...
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:10:29 -0500

Thanks Ginda!

-- Rivka

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 08:28 PM, list@ginda.us wrote:

I agree with Lon. It's not just that this is "off topic" but that it is controversial, as well. The peony list I subscribe to is more international than this one (lots of Europeans and some folks from Australia & NZ) and there've been some harsh words and other unpleasantness among people who feel very strongly but disagree with each other. Even within North America, I know that people hold strong and incompatible opinions on the war. There are lots of places to talk about religion and politics, but I hope this doesn't become one of them.

Besides, you all don't want to hear my opinions on voting, privacy, terrorism, the Geneva convention, and middle-eastern politics. Really.

This list is enough of a community that I think there's room to mention personal issues - if someone you know is hurt in the war, for example, I'm sure we will all be supportive. But I would greatly prefer we not get sidetracked into political debate within the "walls" of NAFEX.

Thanks,
Ginda Fisher