nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Fwd: A Good Plan For Peace..the more you think about itthe more ...

  • From: "Bruce Hansen" <brucehansen@acd.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Fwd: A Good Plan For Peace..the more you think about itthe more ...
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:11:29 -0500

Tea and crumpets anyone?

Bruce z5 MI
-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org]On Behalf Of list@ginda.us
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 8:29 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers

I agree with Lon. It's not just that this is "off topic" but that it is controversial, as well. The peony list I subscribe to is more international than this one (lots of Europeans and some folks from Australia & NZ) and there've been some harsh words and other unpleasantness among people who feel very strongly but disagree with each other. Even within North America, I know that people hold strong and incompatible opinions on the war. There are lots of places to talk about religion and politics, but I hope this doesn't become one of them.

Besides, you all don't want to hear my opinions on voting, privacy, terrorism, the Geneva convention, and middle-eastern politics. Really.

This list is enough of a community that I think there's room to mention personal issues - if someone you know is hurt in the war, for example, I'm sure we will all be supportive. But I would greatly prefer we not get sidetracked into political debate within the "walls" of NAFEX.

Thanks,
Ginda Fisher