nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Muscadine pruning plans

  • From: Suzi Teghtmeyer <srt175f@smsu.edu>
  • To: mrtejas@lycos.com, nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Muscadine pruning plans
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:58:15 -0600

Philip,
There is a new book out, Muscadine Grapes, by F. Basiouny and D. Himelrick. It has a chapter on training, trellising and pruning, which goes into training and pruning the vines year by year until maturity.

Also, off of my viticulture site I have a section of muscadine sites. Of those I would look at the following 2 sites:
Georgia Muscadine Production Guide
Commercial Muscadine and Bunch Grape Production Guide

The page is at: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/viticulture2.shtml#partmusc

Good luck,
----Suzi Teghtmeyer
Librarian, Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science
Southwest Missouri State University Mtn. Grove Campus and Missouri Fruit Experiment Station
9740 Red Spring Rd, Mountain Grove, MO 65711
Phone: 417-926-4105, Fax: 417-926-6646, email: srt175f@smsu.edu
AgNIC Viticulture site: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/viticulture1.shtml
Member: CBHL, USAIN, ALA, ACRL, IAALD