nafex - [NAFEX] spring!

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] spring!
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 10:03:46 -0500

Just a week ago we had several inches of snow on the ground, including some fresh snow. I look out today and see green and brown. Garlic, Daffodils, even tulips are sprouting. The alpine strawberries have emerged (or melted out?) and the regular strawberries are beginning to show. The currant buds are visibly swollen, and the crandalls are on the verge of opening. Later today I'll go out back and see how the evergreen huckleberries and cornus mas survive the winter (and deer). I guess I'd better hurry and do my spring pruning!

Cheers,
Ginda

  • [NAFEX] spring!, list, 03/22/2003