nafex - Re: [NAFEX] need Gala scions

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@oregonfast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] need Gala scions
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:46:28 -0800

Lucky.Pittman wrote:

Folks,

I offered to graft a Gala tree for a friend, but when I finally got around to consulting my orchard map and checked this afternoon, I discovered that the tree that died last summer, which I had thought was Braeburn, was, indeed, my Gala. As a result, I don't have a source of scionwood.
If any of the list members happen to have a stick of any Gala cultivars that you can spare, I'd appreciate the chance to take it off your hands - will be glad to pay cost/postage, etc.
Email me off list.

Thanks,

Lucky Pittman

For what it is worth, I find that Gala is very susceptible to Bullseye here on the Oregon coast.
My last Gala is kaput now, it was completely done in in at least 6 places.
My son in law insists he loves Gala and is trying to keep one alive even though the branches are
being encirled every year and have to be removed,
In 2 more years he will have to give up as every branch will be gone by then.
Sam