nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pruning Question: Mountain Ash

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pruning Question: Mountain Ash
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:36:48 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Pruning Question: Mountain Ash
Prune Mt. Ash (Sorbus) like a tip-bearing apple.  Blooms (fruit) appear most on shoot tips, and also on spurs on older wood.  In other words, mostly thin the shoots out, but cut some of the shoots back to encourage branching for more shoot tips to bloom the following year.