nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bordeaux Spray

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bordeaux Spray
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:01:04 -0600

Claude,

The athletic field lining product to which you refer is not lime, but
crushed "chalk' or limestone. Bordeaux mix uses hydrated, or "quicklime".
That is not the same as the material you are using. Quicklime would
seriously burn any lawn to which it was applied in visible quantities.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI