nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bordeaux Spray

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bordeaux Spray
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:09:23 -0500

What mixture do you use for your Bordeaux mixture?
For my part, I use a copper powder called "Bordo" which I mix with lime
(also as a powder, the type used to make white lines in sport fields). None
of these 2 powders dissolve in water. I have to crush the powder manually
in a bit of water until all the big chunks disintegrate and then I can make
the mix with the water. A lot of shaking is necessary. I need to clean the
line filter (just before the nozzle) once in a while.
Claude

A 11:49 03.03.11 -0500, vous avez écrit :
>I attempted to spray Bordeaux spray this past weekend and found it to be
an exercise in frustration. The sprayer constantly clogged, and my efforts
to clear the clogs were ineffective at best. Many of the trees I was
spraying were "sprayed" via dripping the spray onto the tree (this is only
"viable" on some of the very small trees I currently have.)