nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bud 9 and brittle graft unions

  • From: "Joe Hecksel" <jhecksel@voyager.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bud 9 and brittle graft unions
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:51:48 -0500

> Ginda,
> Can you elaborate on the reports of Bud 9's brittle unions, or direct
me to
> the discussion on this in applecrop please? Is this with just some
> varieties, is this in windy areas, etc?
> (Wish there were some way to reply directly to an individual poster
rather
> than always to the group)

This topic is of interest to me. Please keep it public. Another
question, have any cultivars been identified as having "brittle" graft
unions? I would expect that the more vigorous cultivars (i.e.,
Northern Spy, Mutsu) would have more highly stressed unions and might
therefore appear more brittle.

-Joe

XXXX@XXXX is

--