nafex - Re: [NAFEX] June Sugar Pear

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] June Sugar Pear
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:04:10 -0600

At 07:32 PM 3/10/2003 +0000, you wrote:

Does anyone have experience with (Lawson's) June Sugar Pear? I have a nice little tree of this cultivar that will soon be grown up enough to bear fruit, and it occurs to me that I never asked anyone whether it lives up to it's name- by actually ripening much earlier than the other pears I know.

I've got one that's been in the ground for about 5-6 yrs, 12 ft tall - growing like a bean pole, but no fruit yet. Maybe this year; looks like it may have set some fruiting buds last year.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY