nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Organic Fireblight Treatment

  • From: HDessureault <inter.verbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Organic Fireblight Treatment
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 22:01:30 -0600

Hi Tom,
I use baking soda spray on the bark to change the ph to get rid of a black
mold that is often found on the bark. The results is very good. The mold
kind of dries up and get wash away by the next rain. Sometimes there are
some small spots left which can be eliminated by a second application.
For that kind of mold, baking soda was more successful than vinegar.
I do not know if there is a time of year that is ideal for that treatment. I
usually do it early in the Spring before the trees leaf out.
Hélène, zone 3