nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Peaches

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peaches
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 22:48:41 -0800 (PST)

miekal wrote:

how would you describe the peaches & where do you get it from?

My reply:

Veteran is a very sweet, yellow fleshed old time favorite freezing and
canning peach. The slips easily when put in boiling water, but uniquely it
peels clean and easily without scalding. It easily comes free of the pit.
I like very sweet peaches, and Veteran is very sweet. It is a late peach.
It sucks as a shipper as it is very soft when ripe.

It is a popular u-pick fruit in Oregon so it is available from several
sources. I mentioned it since you wanted older unique varieties.

Other than that on the more modern front for colder regions:

Harbrite as it is a late bloomer
Springold
Fairhaven
Garnet Beauty good in the north
Golden Jubilee yummy
Compact Redhaven

Belle of Georgia
Champion
Early Elberta awesome flavor
Hale yum yum - but tough to grow
Elerta hardy through zone 5 resists brown spot
Indian Free

Of these Compact Redhaven is the most interesting, a hardy, quality dwarf.

The fluffy bunny

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No