nafex - Re: [NAFEX] brix levels of northern grapes

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] brix levels of northern grapes
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:05:38 -0600

mIKEAL,
I didn't use a foliar spray, but I did fertilize my Marechal Foch grapes
with fish meal pellets in early June. My vines are inoculated with
mycorrhizal fungi, and the pellets are the only fertilizer I use due to its
organic gradual release. I'm south of Madison in WI, BTW. My grapes were
very sweet. Don't know the Brix, because I don't make wine. They are on a
west facing fence that gets sunlight nearly all day.
Doreen Howard