nafex - Re: [NAFEX] brix levels of northern grapes

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] brix levels of northern grapes
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:29:03 -0500

Doreen Howard wrote:

> <snip>My grapes were very sweet. Don't know the Brix, because I don't make
> wine. They are on a
> west facing fence that gets sunlight nearly all day. <snip>

Hi Doreen,

What type of fence is that?

I ask because I have two board fences I would like to run grape trellis
along, but I worry about
the heat reflected from the board fence and the freeze thaw activity of the
spring.

Air movement is not an issue as the board fence is alternating with 4" gaps
between each board.

Thanks,
Tom

===