nafex - [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 1, Issue 394

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 1, Issue 394
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:19:53 -0800 (PST)

It was written:

Average lifespan of an outdoor cat = 2 years
Average lifespan of an indoor cat = double digit years

My reply:

Cat the other white meat!!!

TFB

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No
Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 01:28:22 -0500
From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [NAFEX] Re: A Rewarding Little Fruit

I lost several cats (neutered males) to abscesses on their fore paws. A
Vet told me that it is common for males to bite their opponent's feet
during a fight. Sepsis sets in and kitty goes home to Jesus.
It hurts too badly to lose a friend so if I get the courage to get
another kitty, I'll keep him in at night.
I lost another one to anti-freeze leaking from my truck's radiator. I
was told that cats and dogs like to lick it up when it is spilled on the
ground. The Vet confirmed that it was ethylene glycol poisoning.
Feral cats have a bad reputation around here killing chicks, poults,
quail and penned domestic bunnies. In Australia, they are a big
problem. One TV Naturist there lost his program because he made a
comment about hating them
. Kittys don't belong in the wild. They are efficient predators and
readily adapt to the wild life-style. I have known people with females
who let them run wild. They deliver outside the home and then the
kittens adapt to the wild. Other people knock them in the head or drown
them whenever they are found.
Feral cats are a problem here where there isn't much traffic. It is
common to see a feral cat in the woods hunting its' prey. Many cats
and dogs are put out on the roads to fend for themselves. There are
packs of wild dogs which kill fawns, lambs, and goat kids. Coyotes and
foxes only survive as long as a pack of wild dogs don't catch them. Gray
foxes and cats climb trees and can escape the wild dogs. The Red foxes
"go to ground" and are dug up and eaten.
Between fire ants, feral cats, coyotes and insecticides/herbicides it is
a wonder that there are any quail left. I have over 40 acres and only
one covey of around 4 to 12 birds. When I was a boy, it wasn't unusual
to see as many as 30 to 50 in a covey on this much land.
That wasn't too long ago. After all, I'm not seventy yet. I'm 69.95
plus shipping and handling. I'm not sold in stores.
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8
"The meek shall inherit the earth"-- after we get through ruining it.

  • [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 1, Issue 394, fuwa fuwa usagi, 02/22/2003