nafex - [NAFEX] Fw: F Roxbourghii F Palmata sending again

  • From: Daniel Yakir <dyakir@netvision.net.il>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: parmarch@lesserknownplants.com
  • Cc: parmarch@vsnl.com
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fw: F Roxbourghii F Palmata sending again
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:29:30 +0200

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 5:59 PM
Subject: Fw: F Roxbourghii F Palmata sending again

Sending again with new adress

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 7:36 PM
Subject: F Roxbourghii F Palmata

Dear Dr. Parmar,
It's a long time since I've received your book and let me again thank you
for your efforts to send it.
I would like to ask you about the two ficus trees
Ficus Roxbourghii and Ficus Palmata.
Regarding the Roxbourghii you and most of the writers in the internet say
that the figs are edible.
Only one source says they are inedible. Could you imagine why?
I remember visiting the Himalayan hills I saw the tree with huge figs.
Do the size of the figs influence by the fact if they are caprified or not?
I.e. caprified = big figs?
Normally it is mentioned that the figs are "hollowed" . Are the hollows
filled with jelly?
Do the hollows decrease with caprifications?
I have a friend who has a fig tree that I suspect is Ficus Palmata.
He said that the figs normally are black and small. But if they are
caprified they are red black and much bigger in size. You can see in the picture that there are many seeds which means they are caprified. The seeds, he says. sink in water.
Is it the same Blastofage as in F. Carica? and pollen of Carica can caprified Palmata?
Best regards
Daniel Yakir
Could you comment on this by looking

  • [NAFEX] Fw: F Roxbourghii F Palmata sending again, Daniel Yakir, 02/22/2003