nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Alpines

  • From: "Kristina & Bruce" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Alpines
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:14:31 -0500

The way to get a large yield of alpines is to have a large number of plants.
I'm always amazed when what appears to be a bumper crop struggles to fill a
modest sized bowl. But they're such well behaved little plants it's easy to
grow them along borders and other spots ordinary strawberries won't fit.
Mine grow between an apple Belgian fence and the front walk. The only
significant pest problem is my daughter and her friends, who pick way too
many of the berries before I get home from work.
Bruce Wittchen
W Hartford, CT