nafex - Re: [NAFEX] potted citrus in winter

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] potted citrus in winter
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 15:35:01 -0500

Hi All,

All this talk about citrus got me thinking, and I remembered a citrus seed
that I took from a
clementine (or a tangerine) about 60 days ago. I rinsed it, wrapped it in
damp paper towels and
put the whole thing in plastic bag, sitting it on the back of the stove
shelf. Then I promptly
forgot about it till these recent posts.

Good thing too, as that little seed need soil. The root was about 3/4" long
and the first leaves
were beginning to push.

I know it will never be more than an ornamental house plant, but I like to
have my kids watch
things grow.

It is funny... no matter how many times you promise yourself that you will
not forget the
variety of something, you always do, unless you label things carefully.

--

===
Canada plant hardiness zone 5b