nafex - [NAFEX] wasp-like critters

  • From: "Pete B" <pete@cmpsource.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] wasp-like critters
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 19:04:50 -0600

Hey Doc
You must have "mud dobbers" or "mud daubers"  .... they love mud and make mud nests all over here. Any piece of hose left unprotected will have a mud nest in it. They prefer .243 cases I think...ha.
I am sure they are good bugs. I never hurt them. Their nests are full of baby spiders for the larvae to eat. Never heard of one stinging. They get their mud from the edges of ponds, pools, etc... They stay busy.
Good Luck, Pete in zone 8b,SE LA
"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." --
George Mason