nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Crab Apples as Pollinizers

  • From: "DerryWalsh/Bill Chase" <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Crab Apples as Pollinizers
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:24:36 -0800

John,

One problem with Fiala's book is that he doesn't give bloom time.

Another things that I'm not sure of is: are the pretty ornamental crabapples
triploid, and therefore no good as pollenizers?

i.e. if you have a beautiful crabapple tree that produces no fruit, is the
pollen fertile?

Derry
Bill Chase & Derry Walsh
Aldergrove, B.C., Canada