nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Reinette Rouge �toil�e / Nomenclature

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Reinette Rouge Étoilée / Nomenclature
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 22:54:17 -0500

John,
In the book by John Bultitude "Apples - a guide to the identification of international varieties" (1983), I read that Reinette étoilée is a synonym of Reinette rouge étoilée. A few other synonyms mentioned are: Sterappel (Netherlands), Sternreinette (Germany), Renette stellata (Italy)...

I grow the Reine de reinettes and can tell you that I have never read anything about Reinette étoilée being a synonym for it. I would be curious to know where you got this information.

Claude Jolicoeur, Quebec.