nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hardy Citrus

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@vsnl.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hardy Citrus
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 13:13:48 +0530

Dear NAFEXERs,

Please excuse me for my belated contribution to this topic.

The citrus fruits citrangequats are not ommercial fruits.  These are fancy fruits just meant for the sake of collection.

The cold hardy citrus fruits like Galgal ( Citrus pseudolimon ) and Japanese Summer Orange( Natsudaidai ) are not only cold hardy but are also commercial.  These are widely cultivated and utilized in their respective countries.  So I think these fruits or other fruits of similar commercial value should get more attention.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Fruits
www.lesserknownindianplants.com