nafex - [NAFEX] Was Agricultural Census (taxes, political whining)

  • From: Joe and Ellen Hecksel <jhecksel@voyager.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Was Agricultural Census (taxes, political whining)
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:19:13 -0500

Oh, one more thought.

It is ironic that with one hand governmental units subisdize glamorous entrepreneurial business and industrial parks. Then, with the other, they whack "low-tech" businesses like sweet corn and fruit growers with large costs. What makes the situation doubly ironic is that the low tech businesses tend to absorb more labor....which is the motivation for the subsidies.

Are you serious? My urban lot is 75 X 125, and my gardening space is 60 X
12 feet--very shallow backyard. BUT, I sell more than $1,000 a year in
gourmet veggies and berries. Do I have to report this to someone?
Hopefully not. Yeech! I have been using the money to pay for equipment,
organic additives and more plants. Now, I have to file another Schedule C?
Please say it's not so!
Doreen Howard

--
-Joe Hecksel