nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Agricultural Census

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Agricultural Census
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:41:49 -0600

Joe Hecksel wrote:

> At one time, the USDA used $1000 gross sales or 4 or more horses as the
> dividing line between hobby and farm.

Are you serious? My urban lot is 75 X 125, and my gardening space is 60 X
12 feet--very shallow backyard. BUT, I sell more than $1,000 a year in
gourmet veggies and berries. Do I have to report this to someone?
Hopefully not. Yeech! I have been using the money to pay for equipment,
organic additives and more plants. Now, I have to file another Schedule C?
Please say it's not so!
Doreen Howard