nafex - [NAFEX] looking for seed of perennial ground cherries

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] looking for seed of perennial ground cherries
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:37:44 -0800

I did some research on the many species of ground cherries, looking for ones
that are perennial and produce tasty fruit. The two best candidates for my
edible landscape appear to be:

Physalis heterophylla - clammy ground cherry
Physalis viscosa - sticky ground cherry

Both of these are native to North America. I have been unable to find a
source of seed for either of these. Anyone have seed of these or know of a
source.

-Mark Lee, Seattle, z7