nafex - [NAFEX] Juliet Tomato

  • From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@InfoAve.Net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Juliet Tomato
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:53:46 -0500

Does anyone know if the Juliet mentioned by Mike Levine is resistant to
fusarium wilt?
I gather some small tomatillos/ground cherries from the pasture behind
my house. Not many but I was wondering if they are native here. Other
members of the nightshade family are common here and in New Jersey where
I had them in my horse lot. Can't imagine why they would be called
German berries. The larger tomatillos are appearing in the open air
markets for the increasing number of Hispanics. Also some chayotes,
napales and cilantro. Never used to see these here.
Still no market for my bamboo shoots but I don't care. I'll can 'em and
eat them all year long.
Got some damn fine Royal Riviera pears from Harry and David in Medford,
OR. For we who have trouble with the French pears in the warmer red clay
region they are a fair substitute for our excellent peaches, muscadines
and figs. I can't wait for all of them to ripen. The precocious ones
passed the taste test. Beats our Moonglow and Orient hands down for out
of hand eating. Kind of expensive, but I got them for Christmas as a
present.
Have a pleasant holiday season and please don't freeze in all that snow
and ice and rich black frozen glacial soil. Ho Ho Ho!
Harry and David---www.harryanddavid.com
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8 no tornadoes or snow yet