nafex - [NAFEX] Codling Moths are good for business.

  • From: Rodney Eveland <Reveland@WYOMING.com>
  • To: Nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Codling Moths are good for business.
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:30:44 -0700

I am sure glad I don't have your problem. The suggestion about the lamps
combined with trying to raise parasitic wasps may help in the long run.
Pheromones in short term.

A glance through the below URLs shows that you aren't the only one to
encounter this serious pest and people are working hard to get rid of
them. I would find out what kinds of flowers help support the parasitic
wasps too.

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r4300111.html

http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Entomology/entfacts/fruit/ef203.htm

http://www.laddresearch.com/Traps/Codling_Moth/codling_moth.html