nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Bramley

  • From: nottke <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Bramley
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:42:26 -0400

Tom,
I live about 15 miles NW of Winston-Salem, NC, on about 90 acres of
beautiful red clay. It does tend to stain the clothes of folks not smart
enough to wear khaki, which is the only color clothing in our stores.
While the soil test on the ex-pasture where I started my orchard did show
no detectable phosphorous,

Now, North Carolina's red clay soil, that is miserable. Just standing next
to a dirt road you will accumulate stains in your clothes that are never
coming out. (smile)

My sister lived in NC for a while, and I have never seen soil like it, or
so much of it.

Jim Nottke
Pfafftown, NC
Hardiness Zone 7A