nafex - [NAFEX] Good Nurseries

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Good Nurseries
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:49:28 -0600

At 05:44 PM 11/12/2002 -0500, Ginda wrote:
St. Lawrence Nurseries. I've had very good luck with them, but they only do cold weather stuff.

Here's their website.
http://www.sln.potsdam.ny.us

I've bought a number of named variety juneberries from SLN. Reasonably sized tissue-cultured plants that I've potted up and grown for a year before outplanting. All have done well for me here in southern KY.
Also got a Bali(Evans) cherry(also tissue-cultured) from them several years ago - I evidently got one of the strain that suckers like crazy - it would like to be a thicket, but I keep digging up sprouts and distributing them to friends. It hasn't done much in the way of fruit production, but then neither has the Montmorency planted at the same time.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY