nafex - Re: [NAFEX] white bullaces

  • From: markl <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] white bullaces
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:08:08 -0800 (PST)

I attended a Havest Day two weeks ago at the WSU
Fruit Research Station in Mt Vernon, WA. I was
pleased to find a few varieties of plums still in
good condition. One variety was a damson-type, which
I think is related to the bullaces that Lon
mentions. The other was a european plum called
Polly. I picked a bunch of these plums and I just
finished the last of them. I ate them fresh. I was
really impressed by Polly. That tree was very loaded
with fruit in a year when I had only a handful on my
own Italian prune. Fresh plums and its almost
November! I plan on adding Polly plum to my
collection next spring. Here is a description from
Cummins Nursery on-line catalog ..."POLLY Good for
fresh market, an ideal pollinizer for European
plums. Fruits are purple, long-oblate, large and
freestone with a fresh mild taste. The tree is
upright-spreading, medium vigor."
-Mark Lee, Seattle z7
The first frost is probably tonight

  • [NAFEX] white bullaces, Lon J. Rombough, 10/28/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [NAFEX] white bullaces, markl, 10/29/2002