nafex - [NAFEX] Fall Bloomers??

  • From: nottke <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fall Bloomers??
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:04:08 -0400

We had a very hot, very dry summer. My fruit trees are not irrigated, but
are heavily mulched, shaded from the late afternoon sun, and seemed to
withstand the drought OK. We have had 6 inches of welcome rain over the
last two weeks. Now the following are breaking bud or actually in bloom;
Kieffer Pear, Granny Smith Apple, Red June Apple, Horse Apple, Flowering
Dogwood, Forsythia, Wisteria
The Red June is in full bloom, every flower bud open.
Should I do nothing? - prune off flowers (will just stimulate more growth?)?
- spray??
Thanks.

Jim Nottke
Pfafftown, NC
Hardiness Zone 7A

  • [NAFEX] Fall Bloomers??, nottke, 10/16/2002