nafex - Re: [NAFEX] honey

  • From: "Steve N. Dulaney" <dulaney@wvi.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] honey
  • Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 07:28:27 -0700

Hello,

Mead is a possibility, but the wild yeast that has gotten a foothold may
not turn out a good tasting mead. And introducing a real mead yeast may
or may not work since the wild yeast are so well established, the mead
yeast may not be able to get a foothold. If you decide the try making
mead, I would suggest that you use the Vierka brand mead yeast. It is a
fairly primitive strain and can compete well when there are other types
of yeast present. It can also tolerate really high levels of alcohol.

Steve N. Dulaney