nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grape jam success/creamed honey

  • From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@InfoAve.Net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grape jam success/creamed honey
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:22:22 -0400

Paul, this also explains why feeding sugar water to bees at certain
times causes them to store it if they have an excess. The result is
honey which sugars. We still have a lot to learn in apiculture. Lot of
"wisdom" is written by "armchair" beekeepers and "beehavers". Best
advice is to learn from practical experience. It is hard to convince a
dude who has been a beekeeper for over 50 years that you can get much
info from the few books on the subject. Example: Purple honey's nectar
source is unknown and I've known at least two beekeepers who died
shortly after their bees produced it. Did you know that the mellitus in
diabetes mellitus comes from the honey (sweet) taste of urine produced
by the DM patient? Helped physicians distinguish it from d. insipidus in
which the urine is relatively tasteless. (insipid).
Thanks for the info. I'm still learning, thank God.
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8