nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Help-Dwarf Golden

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Help-Dwarf Golden
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 19:33:45 -0400

Hello,

There are many fruit tree sprays available for the backyard orchard. See
your local hardware
store and see what they offer.

If your tree is grafted onto a dwarfing rootstock, the suckers that come up
will be of the
dwarfing rootsock variety and not the variety grafted to it (in your case
golden delicious).

Might be fun to learn how to graft onto that seedling another apple variety.
You will only need
things that can be found in your junk drawer, and a scion of the new variety.
Lots of people
here can help to teach you how to graft.

Later,
Tom